March 20, 2008

Fill me half-full

I recently saw this quote on a friend’s facebook page that captured what I have been thinking for a while:
“Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it.” -Charles Swindoll
How true is that! I try to live a positive lifestyle, worrying and complaining about the little things just isn’t worth the time. Everyday I see so many frustrated people at work and while I can definitely fall into that category sometimes, I don’t think it as dramatic as some people make it out to be. I am more disappointed in people’s attitudes than the problems we are asked to solve. As a designer, our job is to solve problems and create unique and successful solutions; this problem-solver attitude should follow into our daily lives as well. I am very much of the mindset that if we are having problems we need to figure our how to tackle and overcome those problems, not just give up or complain about the situation. (Although I do like to do my fair share of complaining…)

No comments: