July 14, 2009

Fresh Peach Pie


I had friends over for some swimming, grilling, and summer foods. I thought I'd share the recipe to my favorite summer dessert, Fresh Peach Pie, it might even be my all-time favorite dessert!

Fresh Peach Pie
Crust:
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup oil
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp milk
½ tsp salt

Mix all ingredients until oily and press into 9" pie pan with fingers. Bake at 400 degrees until golden, about 12 - 18 minutes.

Glaze:
½ cup sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup water
2 tbsp white corn syrup
4 tbsp jello mix (peach or apricot)
6 sliced peaches (peeling is optional)

Mix cornstarch with sugar in saucepan. Add water and corn syrup. Cook & stir until thick and clear. Remove from burner and add dry gelatin and fresh fruit. Put filling in pie crust and refrigerate 4 - 6 hours.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can almost taste this! Lodge loves pie!