February 14, 2010

Spring Days Ahead

It has been a beautiful February weekend in Kansas City, with no snow on the ground I can't help but dream about Spring and Summer.


There's something so invigorating about waking up and going on a bike ride before work or before you settle in for the night.

I've already started my garden this year, I'm hoping to get a head start and be able to transfer very hardy plants outdoors. I have seedlings for big boy tomatoes, grape tomatoes, spinach, green onions, basil, parsley, and cilantro. I might even try to get some strawberries or wildflowers started as well! I'm excited to get back to cooking with fresh foods and vegetables.

More than anything, I'm ready for some good old Vitamin D! I'm ready for earlier mornings and later nights... bring on the sun!

No comments: