May 17, 2010

My Green Thumb

I started my seeds for my container garden in late January/early February (ridiculously early) because wanted my plants to be super big and hardy by the time I transplanted them outside. That, with the fact that I was just too eager to wait any longer, like a little kid who can’t wait to open their Christmas gifts, I couldn't wait to plant my seeds.
I transplanted them outside several weeks ago and even with the chilly and windy days, they’ve been doing great! It’s finally time to start harvesting some goods, the herbs and green onions are ready for the pickin’!
Tomato! Look at how big it is!

Spinach and Cilantro

Green Onions & Parsley

All from seed! And fertilized from my homegrown compost!

1 comment:

Lenexicon said...

Well, I'm impressed. But wouldn't it be great to have your very own backyard to turn into gardens? Just think how many veggies you could have then!