June 27, 2010

Garage Sale or Bust

Well... I guess it was more of bust. I convinced a couple friends into having a garage sale on Saturday and getting rid of some of the *cool stuff we've accumulated through the years.
Being my optimistic self, I was determined we would have a successful garage sale, selling lots of our goods and bringing in some decent monies in exchange. Instead, we spent countless hours gathering, pricing, and then hanging out in the 100+ heat index for nearly 9 hours... and I only made a lousy $55. I think this man is correct... garage sales aren't worth the time.

But it does feel good to clean out the closets a bit and it's a good evaluation for future purchases.

*crap

2 comments:

Lenexicon said...

It was pretty freaking hot yesterday. But I still had a good time. Plus, no more junk! And our garage is cleaner than it's been since we moved in. Next time: garage sale in October.

Steph A said...

I'm all for putting things of value on Craigslist or eBay and giving the rest to Goodwill. I used to love garage sales as a kid when i didn't have to do all the work, but it's not much fun as an adult.