August 14, 2010

'Tis the (zucchini) season

If you're like my roommate and I, we've had zucchini a plenty the past 3+ weeks. Everyday it seems as if we have friends or family pushing more zucchini from their garden on us (I'm not complaining). So, I've made several zucchini dishes, the typical sauté and chocolate cake... but this year I've stumbled across two amazing new recipes (both of which are boyfriend approved).

The first (and my fav) is Zucchini Strand Spaghetti from Smitten Kitchen. Mmmm. My mouth waters just thinking about it... it requires a mandoline to julienne the veggie into spaghetti-like strips, so I can only make it when I visit the 'rents. Served with fresh-from-the-garden basil, goat cheese, and even some shrimp and you're in for the perfect summertime pasta.

Photo from DabblingDiva

The next delectable recipe is the perfect duet of peak summer produce, Blueberry Zucchini Bread. Mouthwatering.

1 comment:

john said...

Yummy :) I've been on a feta kick recently.

Being too cheap to buy a mandoline I've been able to julienne veggies with either a cheese slicer or chef's knife. It takes a while but can work.