September 10, 2010

Things I'm loving: Rugs & Carpet

My sorority from ISU needs to be remodeled, it will be a huge project over several years, but it should be a fun one! My roommate had worked on a mood board and I wanted to join in the fun as well. So, on my lunch break at work, I pulled together a little mood board myself. I was so inspired one Friday night, I stayed up super late ordering fabric, paint, and carpet samples. And good thing because shortly after this flood put a kick-start in our plans to replace the carpet in the basement.

Anyway... I discovered the joys of carpet! I have some absolutely stunning carpet samples from Mannington residing in my home.



I've been checking out FLOR for more inspiration.



And now, I've stumbled upon the most beautiful (and my favorite) rugs from GAN, a company based in Valencia, Spain.



Of course, there's always Amy Butler. It's amazing to see her fabric patterns come to life in rug form.



Since grad school has started, I've stepped away from helping with the sorority remodel (there are already many talented alums and active members working on the project), but I'm still drooling over the carpet!

No comments: