June 21, 2008

Chocolate Cupcakes Anyone?

So, I was bored today and decided to make cupcakes. (Well actually I intended on making brownies, but I opened the box... yes I use boxed mixes and it was for chocolate cake vs. brownies... oops!) Anyway, I made cupcakes AND made homemade chocolate frosting AND got out my Wilton Dessert Decorator Pro to make them look fancy. They weren't perfect, but it was my first attempt, so give me a break! Here's the yummy chocolate frosting recipe:

Rich Chocolate Frosting
1 cup butter (not margarine), softened
4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup baking cocoa
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk

In a larger mixing bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add 1/3 cup milk, continue to add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency.

No comments: