August 10, 2008

Weekend Projects

1. A co-worker recently recovered her chair at work with some green Amy Butler fabric and it inspired me to do the same at home. I have long-since wanted to recover my old desk chair at home, but didn't know how to go about it. I had some Amy Butler fabric laying around that I didn't know what to do with, so I decided this would be the perfect use. Using a rubber dishwashing scrapper I tucked the fabric into the rim of the chair top and bottom.

2. Printing, cutting, & embossing 250 wedding invitation for my friend, Stephanie. I'm really happy with the way they turned out. I still have some more cutting, folding, and printing to do, but I have the majority done.

3. I finally finished my letter wall art. I have been collecting and painting the letters for several months now and had them hanging on the wall in a different pattern before. I also salvaged this big corrugate pound-out from work and painted it the charcoal color, I was able to rearrange the letters and make them all fit on this piece.

4. More cupcakes! I picked up these nut cups and wanted to practice baking in them to see if it would work. I filled them 1/2 full, but next time I would make it a little more full so I can rim the frosting with decorative sugar properly.

The invitations were a big and long job, so I spread it over the entire weekend and rented Atonement and Charlie Wilson's War to help pass the time from my local Red Box. I am absolutely fascinated with the Red Box video rental system. What a great idea, a dvd vending machine and you can return the DVDs to any location! Now that I think about it, we really are getting to a less personal society starting with the invention of ATMs, to self check-out aisles, machine operated customer service systems, Red Box, etc. Also, now with e-mail, MySpace, Facebook, blogs, texting, and twitter we can keep up with our "friends" or acquaintances without ever having to talk to them, or if we do it's all digital messaging...

2 comments:

Lenexicon said...

Love love love the chair! Come cover my chair!

Anonymous said...

So I'm totally leaving a comment on your blog! :) And, like Megan, I also want you to cover my hideously ugly office chair!