June 21, 2009

My Daddy


Today is Father's Day and I gave my daddy a new waffle iron... I'm hoping this will prevent any more soggy waffles on my future visits (sorry dad).
But I just wanted to say (and I've told anyone that will listen to me) how much I enjoy my "adult" relationship with my parents. I finally seem to be past the stage in my life where I was disrespectful to/annoyed with/a teenager to my parents and am finding out now how much I truly enjoy their company. Now that I've been in the "real world" for 2 years (yikes!) I feel like I can talk to them on a whole different level. I relate to the stresses and challenges that they're going through with their jobs and other committments. And it's the weirdest thing... I can talk to my parents about my love life! What?!? Before I was too embarrassed/giddy/immature to talk to my parents about any sort of relationship that I was in, but now it seems like a normal topic. I can't say it enough... I am just really loving this time in my life and the growing relationship with my parents. I'm hoping it will continue to develop as I get older and more mature (ewww!).
So... Happy Father's Day, Daddy!


No comments: