July 17, 2010

Tote Bag 3

A couple weekends ago I decided it was high time I made another tote bag. You see, I made this pledge to myself, the Handmade Pledge. Except I'm limiting it to handbags. I pledged to only buy handmade bags for myself and my loved ones, and request that others do the same for me.

So, I made this little charmer for myself. It's made of a beautiful black and cream striped linen fabric, embellished with light blue vertical stitching, some pleats and jute webbing. I'm secretly in love with the way the exterior stripes go horizontally and the interior stripes are vertical, it's pretty splendid.

I'm pretty smitten with her right now... trying to come up with a name for her. Any suggestions?

(Mom- look how straight the blue stitching is!!! Aren't you proud?)

2 comments:

Craig said...

You're my girl! If you wouldn't have pointed it out, I would have thought the blue stripe was just part of the weave of the fabric! Good work!

john said...

Just keep a close eye on it at places like Grinders. You might have to fight people off who want it :)