November 1, 2010

Gifted Mag & a start to the Christmas Season

Now that Halloween has passed it's time for Christmas, right? Ok, ok, I'll hold off until after Thanksgiving, but I was checking out Gifted Mag today and it put me in the holiday mood. I can tell this Christmas is going to be a good one! I haven't worked on a major Christmas-related project since June (minus the little projects here and there) and it's been glorious, unlike the past two years where it's been Christmas 9-10 months out of the year, which sucks all of the fun out of the holiday...

So, like I said, I was reading Gifted Mag and they started with these seven holiday-related questions, which I thought I'd answer as well:

BEST GIFT TO GIVE FOR $20 OR BELOW:
Last year a co-worker came up with a great gift on the cheap. I think I'm going to steal the idea. He gave everyone a paper-white bulb in a small vase, with a layer of river rocks, and a square dowel to use as a stake once the flower grew. It was a great gift that I enjoyed watching for days and days. He tied up the vase in a beautiful red grosgrain ribbon for the perfect package.

Or you can never go wrong with an iTunes gift card and cookies!

DREAM ITEM YOU'D LOVE TO SPLURGE ON IF MONEY WERE NO OBJECT:
Eames Management Chair in powder blue leather... or maybe a pair of Barcelona Chairs...

FAV HOLIDAY SONG:
According to iTunes:
1. Baby It's Cold Outside, Elf Soundtrack
2. All You Need is Love, Love Actually Soundtrack
3. Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant
4. Any song from The Oak Ridge Boys Christmas album recorded in 1982
5. Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson

FAV HOLIDAY FILM:
Elf or Love Actually. Both destined to be classics.

YOUR FAV SANITY-SAVING HOLIDAY TIP:
Keep a list of gift ideas for friends, family, and yourself throughout the year, adding and editing as needed. Purchase those "perfect" gifts throughout the year, saving you from the last minute hustle and dispersing the cost.

THE BEST GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED:
Books inscribed by my dad.

FAV HOLIDAY SWEET INDULGENCE:
Peanut Butter Blossoms and Sugar Cookies

1 comment:

Steph A said...

I was pretty proud of myself for usually keeping a gift list for a couple of months before Christmas, but you've got me beat doing it year-round! I'm always afraid if i plan too far ahead people might purchase the item for themselves in the meantime.