September 3, 2011

Female Inspiration

People always ask (and by people I mean, our little white board at work and other blog interview types), who would you want to have dinner with, dead or alive? I've been giving this a lot of thought lately, I don't know why, but I have.

For me, it would be a toss between:
1. Claudia Kotchka, former VP of Design Innovation & Strategy at Proctoer & Gamble
2. Tina Roth Eisenberg, founder of swissmiss blog, CreativeMornings, Tattly and co-founder of TuexDuex
3. Rachel Botsman, co-founder of Collaborative Consumption
4. Grace Bonney, founder of Design*Sponge blog

These four are all intelligent, strong females and leaders in the design community. All have families and balance their work life and do amazing, innovative things. All have powerful personal brands. What better inspiration to have? I look to these women and think "What the hell am I doing with my life, get it together, sister." Instead, I sleep.


(And someday once I have it together I will design a poster with the song lyric by Ingrid Michaelson: "I want to change the world, instead I sleep.")

No comments: