September 1, 2011

Redesign, Redesign

Have you noticed all of the re-designing going around on the web lately?
They all seem to have more a different navigation system, something new and kind of strange and less intuitive, if you ask me, but maybe I'm just not used to it yet. But with big names like Target, Pentagram, and VSA Partners, I'm thinking this is the tip of the iceberg for this type of interaction and probably at least a couple years in the making.

Pentagram


Target.com


VSA Partners


When I started thinking of this post, I swear I had more examples... I will probably add as my foggy-mind remembers...

Also, I've noticed other big social networking players easing any changes they are making to the system by telling users in advance of these changes and letting them try the new features before it's "official," probably to smooth any transition and bumps in the road and allievate any protests as the Facebook News Feed Controversy of 2006. I've noticed Facebook, Google, and Blogger (owned by Google) all using this early-warning-system method. It goes to show that companies are continuing to get more saavy and realize that many people are afraid of change. I personally love it, because I feel in-the-know and all of Google's (and therefore Blogger's) updates have been kick-ass design-wise.

No comments: