April 19, 2008

Aging like milk, not wine

Tomorrow is my 23rd birthday!
I'm kind of scared about turning 23, not necessarily because of the number, but instead what that number brings. This is the first year that I am truly on my own and no longer a dependent upon my parents. This will be the first full year that I will have a full time job and be working in the "real world," no more fun & spoiled summer internships.
Right now at work, I definitely have the position of the "baby." Many of my co-workers tease me all the time and say that I'm not old enough for certain information or privileges at work... which is so much fun and I secretly love the attention. I guess I am most afraid of losing that "baby" status. It's not like anyone is coming in to replace me, but for some reason I just feel like I am going to lose that after tomorrow.
At the same time 23 brings so many fun and exciting opportunities, like this is the first full year that I am truly on my own and no longer a dependent upon my parents. I am an independent and can fully take care of myself, how good does that feel? Also, this will be the first full year that I will have a full time job and be working in the "real world," I love the responsibility and amazing opportunities that I have been given at work
I can't wait to see what tomorrow and this year brings!

No comments: