December 18, 2008

In the mood...

for some Christmas mood boards? I'm not quite feeling the Christmas spirit this year. I have been working on Christmas projects at work all year (sans about 3 months). I have been working on Christmas 2009 for about 4 months now, so it's hard to get into the Christmas spirit at home. Below are a couple of the looks that I am feeling this year... if I had the space for them.

This first look is inspired by natural elements; birch, pine-cones, greenery, paper whites, etc. with a sophisticated twist with great, earthy greens and small pops of cranberry. My mom loves pine-cones; every year at Christmas she gets our her special pine-cones to decorate with. She's very protective of them and doesn't like them to leave the house for fear of losing them. I would love to see her home decorated in this look.

I also really enjoy the complete opposite of the nature-inspired look with the combination of the bright red and white with pops of the radiant blue, all grounded with the charcoal. I secretly kind of wish I had this look in my home! It's so fun and cheerful. Candy cane elements seem to really becoming back with a modern flair, as shown in the Martha Stewart candy cane topiaries.

This silver-blue look is what I currently have in my apartment, mixed in with frosty violets, shiny peacock-blues, and minty greens. The photo in the top right is actually from my apartment. I would love to get a white Christmas tree to finish off the look. Snowflakes are my favorite winter icon... I love all versions of them!

No comments: