December 14, 2009

Cookie Party: Year 3

The cookies have been baked, decorated and exchanged. Yesterday was our 3rd annual cookie party, which went as smooth as possible. We had over 2,300 cookies in our apartment which is even more than last year! I can't believe the delicious variety that we got this year, everyone brought such yummy cookies.

Here are all of the cookies on my bed, our buffet table! We had Almond Bark Pretzels, Mini Chocolate Chip, Gingerbread Men & Women, Gooey Butter Cake Cookies, Peanut Brittle, Peanut Butter Blossoms, Peanut Butter Cups, Reindeer Cookies, Rolo Pretzel Bites, Chocolate Mint Bars (my fav), Lemon Drop Cookies, Chow Candy, Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars, Strawberry Shortbread Thumbprints (my recipe), Chocolate Rum Balls, Snickerdoodle, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, and of course, Sugar Cookies! Whew!

A very blurry picture of some of the attendees and fabulous decorators!

A sampling a beautiful cookies.

This year my roommate and I each made apron's to give as prizes for the "Best Collection" and "People's Choice" contest winners. Above are the "Best Collection" cookies.

The white on white snowflake cookies won the "People's Choice" award.

Here are my decorated cookies with lots of blue and green, my favorite Christmas colors!

And the final assortment, I have three big boxes packed with deliciousness and ready to hand out!

Yum.

No comments: