December 12, 2009

Crafty Chicks: 10 years

A couple weeks ago, I attend the 10th annual Crafty Chicks Craft show. This was the third year I've gone to check out the local artisan goods and support a co-worker, and I have to say their 10th year was the best yet! There were more vendors than previous years, meaning more variety and new crafts. I definitely didn't leave empty handed! Here are a couple of the delights I bought myself as an early Christmas present:




My absolute favorite purchase, a burlap tote from Angela Muir. She uses coffee bags from Kansas City's coffee brewery, The Roasterie. I love the graphic/grunge combination the typography and burlap create.

A cute turtle magnet from Nonna Illustrations. I was so impressed by her work, she illustrates everything she creates: paper, prints, magnets, baby blocks, etc. Very fun and cute designs, perfect for a baby's nursery.

And a perfect, lovely, little felted acorn from a co-worker and ATC trader. Very similar to the one I wrote about here.

The rest of the items I purchased are Christmas presents, so no peeking!

No comments: