July 25, 2010

Ric Rac Roundup

On Saturday, I attended Ric Rac Roundup. The show: amazing. The heat: unbearable. I wish I would've gone earlier in the morning so I could've enjoyed the booths more. I mean I was a huge, sweaty mess, it was like I had just run a marathon... or two. That sweaty. Attractive, I know.

Anyway... onto the show. I haven't been able to attend Ric Rac in the past but I was very impressed! Kansas City has some amazing artisans. (also, I was very excited, I got several good comments on the bag I recently made)

Of course, I was happy to see Sodapop with some new cute accessories. I bought cute yellow wood medallion necklace from her... I'm thinking yellow might be a new color for me.

Jeanee from Dirty Laundry was there with her super-cute and happy bath fizzies, she's just recently added some French Macaron bath fizzies. Very fun. Very sweet.

Perhaps my favorite new discovery was Aunt June. Maybe because I had just landed upon her work on etsy the other week and recognized it (don't you love it when you have that little sense of discovery? Like I was already cool and in the know by finding it on etsy and then boom! I see it again and it's local!) She makes her own fabric and bags. Totally what I would love to do someday... so I bought a fat quarter from her. I have no clue what I'll use it for yet, but it will be something fun.

Absolutely gorgeous jewelry from Early Jewelry. I would love to own this or this or any of the bone earrings (pretty much in love with her entire AM collection).

Emmy-Rae with some great enameled jewelry.

Always amazing and drool-worthy, Hammerpress.

Some seriously beautiful textiles from Stir Designs, a mother-daughter duo.

Funky porcelain jewelry from Luster Bunny.

And the very fun, funny, and refined, The Modern Logger.

All in all, it was a good weekend...

1 comment:

chimes said...

oooh I freaking LOOOVE early jewelry. I did a Craft Saturday here last November and spent most of the day drooling over her stuff instead of selling my own. ;) Love it! Sounds like a fun event!