April 22, 2012

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

I had such a fabulous weekend! I spent treasured time with my parents, went to a very, very lovely wedding on Saturday and spent Sunday morning in Ames for coffee with a friends, followed by a sorority event. Wow, do I miss ISU! The women currently in my sorority and alumna are all amazing, passionate, inspired, and strong women. Coming back for our International Reunion Day reignited my love and gratitude towards Alpha Gamma Delta and helping to build the woman I am today. I was extremely hesitant about joining a sorority, but after encouragement from my dad and brother, it turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life thus far! No matter the changes that have been made in the past five years, these places still feel like home:

ISU Alpha Gamma Delta house: Inspire the Women, Impact the World
ISU College of Design
The sorority event was held at one of Ames' most beautiful locations, Reiman Gardens. This was one of my favorite places on campus to take photos when I was living there, so it was only appropriate that I snapped a couple quick shots today:

2 comments:

Fran Maus said...

Great to see you at IRD! I always have the same feeling after going back - grateful of my time there and inspired to give back.

slowpitch said...

Haha, thanks for the credit, Steph