April 8, 2012

Chakra Affirmations

I had a wonderful 3-day weekend (thanks corporate-job for the free day!); I got nearly everything crossed off my to-do list, did a lot of relaxing, and got in some great workouts. Most notable, was a Friday morning yoga class at Darling Yoga. The class highlighted each chakra (Center of spiritual power in the human body, usually considered to be seven in number) through different poses and included an affirmation for each center. This was a perfect balance to my regular yoga classes, where we are in the middle of a 7-week series focusing on one specific chakra opening each week.

At first I felt a little silly saying these affirmations out loud in class, but once I accepted the practice it was extremely moving. I couldn't find the exact chakra affirmations used in my class, but here are two similar affirmations that spoke the most to me:

Red signifies the first chakra, the Root Chakra. It is a masculine energy at the base of the tailbone with the main focus of physical existence. Building and manifesting a healthy and strong physical body to maintain a creative and happy life really spoke to me as I'm in the midst of going through a lifestyle change and focusing on health. I love the belief that this focus on my health can cultivate my creativity.


Violet represents the seventh chakra, the Crown Chakra. A unified energy at the crown that represents thought and your connection to spirit and wisdom. The words "I am responsible" speak to me here. I am responsible for all of the love, joy, and happiness in my life. I am responsible for the health and focus in my life. I am responsible.

I created these images, so I can use them as affirmations in my daily life by posting them as my desktop wallpaper or on my refrigerator. I think they're great words to live by. What words or affirmations speak to you?

Affirmations adapted from Healing Journeys Energy.

No comments: