September 12, 2008

New & Improved

About a year ago I was in need of a new calendar system. Being the frugal person I am I was not ready to commit to some $20 pocket calendar. (yes, this is how frugal I am) Yet in desperate need for some sort of organization I ended up printing a years worth of calendar pages on copy paper and kept it in my purse. It was nothing cute or glamourous, but it was cheap! Fast forward to 9 months later (now) and my makeshift planner was really starting to get torn up and was in bad shape... I was embarrassed to have it!
With my new Composed Passion style in mind, I decided I needed an fresh, updated pocket calendar. Again, I went shopping and as my tastes have changed... so has the price range. Now I was looking at desk agendas for $73 from Hable Construction or $60 versions at russell + hazel! I also couldn't find exactly what I wanted, I don't have as much of a need for a weekly calendar anymore, just a month's view is fine.
I decided I could make another... but nicer this time! I made this pocket calendar with paper samples I already had (65 lb. Classic Laid Paper in Continental Blue) from Neenah Paper, scraps of Amy Butler Fabric, and (with the help of co-workers) used a binding machine we have at work... it cost me practically zero dinero. Now, that's my kind of style!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Can you make me one? I'd pay you for it! I love this! Super cute!