August 21, 2012

Pondering: Yoga


Yesterday I possibly had my best yoga class ever. I was able to get into shoulder stand and head stand multiple times... well... I at least got my feet off the floor/knees off the elbows multiple times and hung out in mid-air momentarily in both poses. I've always been scared to let myself go farther than firmly planted on the ground and I am finally able to trust my own strength.

Yoga has done wonders for me. Just a couple years ago I remember a co-worker boasting about the benefits yoga and how they had affected his life and I balked at the thought. At the time I thought I was way too Type-A to get any benefit from something like yoga. Boy, was I wrong.

Yoga has given me strength mentally, spiritually, and physically way beyond my expectations. Every class I feel more focused, more mindful, happier and stronger. I cannot express enough how grateful I am for the practice. I'm in a really great place in my life right now and I trace much of that back to yoga. So, lesson of the year: Don't knock it 'til you try it.

1 comment:

chimes said...

I seriously need to consider doing more yoga. I think I'm going to go to a class today. You should blog about it more often because I think the last time you did, I went to a class. :)